BionIT Labs® is a Medtech Italian company working in the field of Human-Machine Integration and it applies IT to Bionics with the aim of ‘Turning Disabilities into New Possibilities’.
Mission & Vision
Nowadays, people with disabilities are continually forced to adapt to an environment that has not been designed considering their needs, but rather following the wishes of the majority of the “able-bodied” population.
The interfaces that allow a person with motor, visual, auditory or other impairments to interact immediately and effectively with the environment and other individuals are generally few and inadequate.
It’s therefore our responsibility to breathe life into Innovative Technologies that can concretely improve people’s quality of life, thus creating a more equitable world.
Giovanni Zappatore – CEO & Founder @ BionIT Labs®
We strongly believe that a great idea in the hands of a highly competent and motivated Team is the only key to actually bring meaningful changes in the prosthetic industry.
To reach our goals, in BionIT Labs® we merge a solid technological and scientific knowledge with unique human values.
Take a journey through our beliefs:
Integrity is our main road. We act to ensure trust and clearness to all our stakeholders, building a comfortable and meaningful collaborative experience.
The team's will to continuously improve is the engine behind our growth. The company driving force arises from employees’ hunger of improving personal and professional skills.
Creativity is our fuel. The strive to exceed the status quo, without any fear of failure, allows us to create, experiment, take risks and enjoy the ‘everyday new’ journey.
Innovation is our destination, the horizon we look at. This is not the end of our journey, but an ongoing challenge: every single step we make contributes to the improvement of the value we want to bring to society.
When the CEO & Founder Giovanni Zappatore wrote his graduation thesis on the mechanism behind Adam's Hand®, he never imagined he would bring up a reality like BionIT Labs® so quickly.
He turned his studies into a company, involving his co-founders Matteo Aventaggiato, biomedical engineer, and Federico Gaetani, information engineer, and they started developing a concrete solution to problems and limits of existent upper-limb prosthesis.
Today BionIT Labs® is composed by a team of highly committed and competent professionals. We are mechanical, electronic, biomedical and IT engineers, product and graphic designers, finance, sales & marketing experts, supported by international business advisors, key opinion leaders and many experienced partners.
If you are:
– passionate and dynamic
– determined and ambitious
– flexible and curious
– able to efficiently work both in a team and independently
If you know how to use a BBQ and you can also accept with dignity a defeat at the corporate ping pong competition, this is the place for you!
– countless growth opportunities both on a professional and personal level
– a friendly and stimulating work environment, with laboratories and offices equipped with the latest machinery
– common spaces and relax areas, including a company library for the team’s continuous training
– flexible working arrangements
– clear governance and compliance with the regulatory framework
– unlimited free coffee to bravely face challenging deadlines!
Role: AI Software Engineer
Reference: National Collective Labour Agreement engineering-industry
Hours: 40 per week, flexible working hours
Starting date: December 2021 – January 2022
Workplace: Z.I. Soleto-Galatina (LE), Italy
Salary: Starting from € 22k gross annual income, variable according to the level of seniority + welfare tools
– Knowledge and use of Git or other versioning tools
– Attention to detail and creativity
You will deal with the design, simulation, development and validation of software based on artificial intelligence and / or machine learning to be integrated into BionIT Labs medical applications. You will be in charge of the use of IDEs’ development in Python, C++ and Matlab language, necessary for the development of interfaces, algorithms and libraries for processing and interpreting of the characteristics of signals recorded by sensors (e.g. muscle biopotentials), and data various types. In the first phase, you will receive the necessary training to know the functioning of the algorithms currently implemented by BionIT Labs. Subsequently, following the project specifications and guidelines, you will personally carry out the development of the programmed optimizations and updates, conducting verification tests both independently and together with the other team members. Reporting to the Head of Software Development, you will deal with the software development, and you will be involved in the management of solutions that involve the processing of signals, data and information using similar techniques as the machine learning and / or artificial intelligence, and their integration into the company’s software products.
– Excellent knowledge of signal theory, signal processing and features’ extraction in the time and frequency domain
– Excellent theoretical and practical knowledge of the main machine learning and artificial intelligence tools
– Excellent knowledge and proven experience in using Matlab / Python / C ++
– Knowledge of the IDE of uPC programming (Atmel, Arduino, etc.)
– Good knowledge of the English
– Degree in Computer Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Telecommunication Engineering or Computer Science
Role: Chief Sales Officer – CSO
Type of contract: Fixed-term contract, full-time
Working hours: flexible working hours
Workplace: Based in Z.I. Soleto-Galatina (Apulia, Italy) After an initial integration and team alignment period, the physical presence in the company headquarter will be required no more than once a month.
Wage: basic salary to be defined in negotiation on the result of the selection. Fixed + variable part based on results (up to 100% of the basic salary) + possible stock option plan starting from the second year
– Set fruitful relationships with the relevant Prescribers, Providers, Payers and Decision Makers in each country of interest, in order to facilitate the device positioning, pricing, reimbursement policies and distribution.
– Position the company in front of significant prosthetic centres and distributors.
– Define the best business strategy (Direct Sale and/or Distribution) to access the market in each new Country of interest.
– Coordinate the business expansion at international level, both leveraging on opportunities and turning them into a systematic process.
– Take the leadership in creating the sales team outside Italy, while constantly managing the Marketing Team to create new business opportunities, enhancing brand awareness and nurturing new leads to take them down the sales funnel and pipeline.
– Forecast and manage sales pipeline to meet revenue targets and company goals.
– Engage fruitful relationships with functional teams, by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching and disciplining other Sales & Marketing personnel.
– Work to ensure sales leads are qualified and progressed to a sale and retained thanks to high-quality after-sale support and customer care services.
– Degree / MBA, with 5+ years’ Sales or Relationship Management experience from 1) high growth tech start-ups or 2) large prosthetics vendor or distributor.
– A proven record of accomplishment of success in a sales position on hardware medical devices, across large clients.
– In-depth technical understanding of the MedTech market.
– Thoughtful approach to C-level prospects, with consulting strategic reach
– Evidence of strong performances of accounts’ expansion, measured against revenues target, customer satisfaction and organisational health metrics.
– The ability to monitor the company’s industry competitors, new products, and market conditions to understand customer’s specific needs.
– Excellent knowledge of English is required. Another language between Italian, French, German and Spanish would be a big plus.